What is a psychopath? A liar. Why are they so puzzling? Neurology
Remember to Bookmark this page!
Psychopathy is a Developmental Disorder (genetic birth defect) | not Antisocial Personality Disorder –Dr. Blair, Chief of Affective Cognitive Neuroscience at The National Institute of Mental Health ref.
- TED-Ed Lesson “What is a psychopath?” http://snip.ly/94yu
- Psychopath detector tool on iPhone and iPad – 15 questions based on B-Scan 360 Test http://apple.co/1FEinjE
- Psychopathy diagnosis as Dissocial Personality Disorder in the World Health Organization (WHO) ICD-10 F60.2 http://apps.who.int/classifications/apps/icd/icd10online2003/fr-icd.htm?gf60.htm+
- Identification of psychopathic individuals using pattern classification of MRI https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/identification-of-psychopathic-individuals-using-pattern-classification-of-mri-images-sato-el-al-soc-neurosc-2011.pdf
- PSYCHOPATHY IN WOMEN: https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/psychopathy-in-women-structural-modeling.pdf
- Emotion Among Women With Psychopathy During Picture Perception https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/emotion-among-women-with-psychopathy-during-picture-perception.pdf
- By specifying the computational and neural systems level impairments that are associated with this disorder, we now have available biomarkers of dysfunction.
- Psychopathy is a neurological impairment of the amygdala, orbital frontal cortex, all of cingulate cortex, parahippocampal area, and insula. https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/a-cognitive-neuroscience-perspective-on-psychopathy-evidence-for-paralimbic-system-dysfunction.pdf
- The Antisocial Brain: Psychopathy Matters – A Structural MRI Investigation of Antisocial Male Violent Offenders https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/the-antisocial-brain-psychopathy-matters-a-structural-mri-investigation-yoa120018_962_972.pdf
- Differences between psychopathy and other personality disorders:Evidence from neuroimaging
- Yohimbine activates the amygdala and is a possible treatment for psychopathy (in the conclusions section) https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/the-amygdala-and-ventromedial-prefrontal-cortex-functional-contributions-and-dysfunction-in-psychopathy.pdf
- High urinary levels of oxytocin is strongly correlated with psychopathic traits https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/psychopathic-characteristics-are-related-to-high-basal-urinary-oxytocin-levels-mitchell2013oxytocinprisoners.pdf
- Is Psychopathy Genetic? Yes. http://www.aftermath-surviving-psychopathy.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2180
- Differentiating Narcissists and Psychopaths https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/differentiating-narcissists-and-psychopaths.pdf
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) brain gray matter abnormalities https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/narcissist-brain-gray-matter-abnormalities-schulze-et-al-13-npd-vbm.pdf
Psychopathy as a Clinical and Empirical Construct : The PCL-SV was developed with the goal of creating a shorter psychopathy assessment that could be used to assess psychopathy in noncriminal settings and to screen for psychopathy in criminal settings. The PCL-SV consists of 12 items derived from the 20-item PCL-R. For the present article, we employed the four-factor structure recently proposed by Hare (2003).
~Three PCL:SV items assess an arrogant, deceitful interpersonal style (Facet 1): superficial, grandiose, and deceitful;
~3 items assess deficient affective experience (Facet 2): lacks remorse, lacks empathy, and does not accept responsibility;
~3 items assess an impulsive and irresponsible behavioral style (Facet 3): impulsivity, lacks goals, and irresponsible; and
~3 items assess antisocial behavior (Facet 4): poor behavioral controls, adolescent antisocial behavior, and adult antisocial behavior.
The 12 items together provide an overall index of psychopathy. https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/psychopathy-as-a-clinical-and-empirical-construct-hareandneumannarcp2008.pdf
Are there psychopathic children?
- Evidence for substantial genetic risk for psychopathy in 7-year-olds https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/evidence-for-substantial-genetic-risk-for-psychopathy-in-7-year-olds-viding-e-et-al-2005.pdf
- Psychopathic traits can be measured reliably and meaningfully through self-report in 9 to 12 year old children from the general population using the Youth Psychopathic traits Inventory—Child Version (YPI-CV) “People who develop this socially devastating personality deficit cause substantial harm to society, both economically through legal processes, institutionalization, and treatments as well as humanistically through their harm to their family members, children, and the victims of their crimes. Early prevention of this disorder should thus receive high priority” https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/measuring-psychopathic-traits-in-children-baardewijk_international-journal-of-law-and-psychiatry_313_2008_u.pdf
- CPS Child Psychopathy Scale Caregiver Version https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/childhood-psychopathy-scale-care-giver-version.pdf
CPS Child Psychopathy Scale Caregiver Version Key https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/childhood-psychopathy-scale-care-giver-version-key.pdf
- CPS Child Psychopathy Scale Self-Report Version https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/childhood-psychopathy-scale-self-report-version.pdf
CPS Child Psychopathy Scale Self-Report Version Key https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/childhood-psychopathy-scale-self-report-version-key.pdf
- HANDBOOK OF CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHOPATHY (2010) https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/149558297-children-psychopaths.pdf
Psychopaths in the Workplace
- B-Scan 360: Babiak and Hare developed the Business-Scan 360. The B-Scan 360 was modeled on a structural model of the PCL-R (Hare, 2003; Neumann, Hare, & Newman, 2007). Mathieu, Hare, Jones, Babiak, and Neumann (2013) derived a reliable 20-item, four-factor model that is consistent with the PCL-R structural model. They labeled the four factors as follows: Manipulative/Unethical; Callous/Insensitive; Unreliable/Unfocused; and Intimidating/Aggressive. It is an evaluation tool to help employees to determine traits of psychopathy, including manipulation and ruthless exploitation of others, lack of conscience and feelings for others and impulsive and reckless behavior, in their supervisors.
- Corporate Psychopathy and the Full-Range Leadership Model (Research study results that provide additional support for the B-Scan 360 as a measure of psychopathic traits in corporate settings.) http://www.pubfacts.com/detail/25092715/Corporate-Psychopathy-and-the-Full-Range-Leadership-Model.
- Factor Structure of the B-Scan 360: A Measure of Corporate ( B-Scan (latent) factors are meant to have utility in a corporate environment, we labeled them as follows: Manipulative/Unethical, Callous/Insensitive, Unreliable/Unfocused, and Intimidating/Aggressive) Psychopathy https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/factor-structure-of-the-b-scan-360-mathieuharejonesbabiakneumann-2012_bscan360.pdf
- A dark side of leadership: Corporate psychopathy and its influence on employee well-being and job satisfaction https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/b-scan-a-dark-side-of-leadership-corporate-psychopathy-mathieu-et-al-2013.pdf
- Leadership and the rise of the corporate psychopath: What can business schools do about the ‘snakes inside’? https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/leadership-and-the-rise-of-the-corporate-psychopath-e-jsbrb_gudmundsson_southey_2011_2.pdf
- Psychopathy in the workplace: The knowns and unknowns https://nopsychos.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/psychopathy-in-the-workplace-the-knowns-and-unknowns.pdf
10 Habits of Highly Psychopathic People:
Psychopaths are impaired neurologically. They are very habitual. Spot a psychopath early by habits, not personality